Saturday, February 5, 2011

What Good Husbands Do...

Today, we celebrated my birthday!  It is 2 days early, but since my birthday is on a "school day", we won't be seeing John.

The Fam. dropped  me off at the library where I got to browse in peace for AN HOUR while they birthday shopped for me.  When they were done, we went out for lunch.  We at at Teppan Fuji.  It's one of those fun places where they cook it right in front of you with big flames.  The flames scared Maya.  They had been going for a few minutes, and no one was really paying attention to her because we were watching the cook.  Suddenly, she totally burst into tears, so I got her out of her high chair, where she proceeded to cling to me for 5 minutes after the fire was even out.  Poor sweetie-pie.

Then we came home and John wanted to do presents right away, he got me some SWEET STUFF.  You will see in a minute.

We ate leftovers, which were Cafe Rio Pork and Sweet Lime Cilantro Rice burritos, topped with some homemade guacamole, followed by chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.

 What more could a girl want?

 Here are pictures of what John got me.....








He told me that since he got me a sweet mojo red kitchen aid for my birthday, it counts as Valentines Day too.  And that is JUST FINE with me.  (giddy laugh)

(ps: we named the kitchen aid Betty, when I said we should name her that, John said, "that is what I was thinking!".  It was meant to be.  She is Betty, and she is mine.)

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I love the mixer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Betty!! I'm so happy that you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love betty. I need a betty but I 'll probably call her sweets cause we just can't have too bettys now could we. haha any ways I hope you got my happy birthday email. If not HAPPY BIRTHDAY... sounds like you had a wonderful celebration day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a Betty. Mine is red but it is a fake Betty, I wonder what her name would be, probably just fake Betty now. Happy Birthday inappropriately late. :)

    ReplyDelete