Saturday, February 19, 2011

Right now, Flagstaff looks like this:



and I am SO lovin it.  

I LOVE snow so much.  I love it because it's silent.  It's a silent storm that comes and covers up all the imperfections.  It covers up the dog poop that hasn't been shoveled, the recycling that is in the front yard that wouldn't fit, everything.  It makes everything pretty.  I feel like snow has a calming effect, which is SO what I need this week.

Today has been a most excellent day.  John woke me up at 10 with breakfast in bed:  pancakes, strawberries, toast, a hard boiled egg, and fresh squeezed oj with a touch of grapefruit.  Yes, that was a lot of food, but I ate just about all of it so he'd be happy.  Now John and lily and izzy are at a birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza.  And Maya is SUPPOSED to be napping, but she's jabbering and slightly fussing.  But the almost quiet is nice.  For tonight's dinner, I'm making Olive Garden's Chicken and Gnocci soup, and homemade bread out of my new Bread Bible cookbook, made with my sweet kitchen aid.  Oh, AND I just ate some hummus on some homemade wheat thins that I made yesterday.  The past two days I have been experiencing only minimal anxiety.

The only way this day could get better, is if I brushed my teeth.

3 comments:

  1. I miss that beautiful quiet that comes with snow...it's so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, because I hate cold, and I've never really thought of snow this way--which I love! I like, too, that it makes me think of the scripture about repentance, the one that says we can be made "white as snow" or something? And THANK YOU for that link to the recipe for Wheat Thins! I'm so excited to try them. They're so expensive to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo Sounds like an awesome day! I am so glad! Let me know how that soup goes. It's the only Olive Garden one that I haven't made.

    ReplyDelete