Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Small Moments

Today I thought I'd write about a favorite moment of my day.  But then I had two moments that seemed memorable, so I'll start with the one that you will want to wipe from your memory. 

My strangest moment of the day was when I put the pizza in the oven, set the timer for 12 minutes, and then ran to the shower hoping I'd be done before the pizza burnt.  (I guess I take long showers)  When I got out, the timer had gone off, so you guessed it, I took the pizza out of the oven naked.  And I suppose I should add that there were some slightly opened shades, but whateves.  When choosing between pizza and modesty, pizza so wins. (I would like to request that if this gives you a mental image, that you picture my naked body that of Pamela Anderson, or someone else with 0% body fat.)

My funnest moment of the day was spent on the couch with JUST Maya while Izzy played Starfall.com on the computer.  Maya had gotten a hold of my cell phone, and she wasn't about to let me take it.  So I decided that I would make it funner for her to play with it and I went and got the home phone and called the cell over and over for like 10 minutes.  The first time the cell rang, she looked at it and quickly set it down next to her.  A smart mom would have seen that as an opportunity to take the phone.  But I am not that mother.  I gave it back to her and told her it was okay.  So then every time my phone would ring, she'd dance by shaking her head back and forth, which is, by the way, adorable.  It was a fun 10 minutes.  I love to watch my sweet little one play.  I love to see something so small and young with such a big personality.  She is totally turning into a little girl and seeming less and less like a baby.  I don't know why time goes by so fast, but it is sad!

4 comments:

  1. It's true. They get big too fast! And that was some crazy multitasking you were doing with the shower/pizza incident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I can admit to you that I have done things similar to your pizza incident multiple times. I'm just not brave enough to admit it publicly, but I'm impressed you did! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so brave! :) Guess what?! I have given you a blog award! Just follow the link: http://justcallmemommy.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html
    See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both those stories! And I just want you to know that I'm LOVING your blog. It's very you, and I love you, so it follows that I'd love your blog.

    ReplyDelete