Wednesday, February 2, 2011


For my first REAL blog entry, I thought I would write about my first day without facebook. Since that is why I'm blogging anyway!

Today instead of being on facebook I:
-played care bears with Izzy while she took a bath
-looked into Maya's eyes while I nursed her, instead of looking at a computer screen
-sat on the couch and watched Electric Company while cuddling my kids
-cuddled with my kids with our 4 lb (literally) tub of animal crackers and played with animal crackers and bit there heads off

Things I STILL didn't do:
-get dressed (yoga pants-foreverrrrrrrr!)
-fold that last load of laundry
-make dinner without Maya holding on to my leg crying like she was going to die
-mop

Let's face it, not being on facebook doesn't create miracles, only a few more special moments in the day.

One reason I decided to take a break from facebook is because I asked myself, what memories am I creating of myself for my kids? I decided I don't want them to remember me sitting on the computer telling them to go play with each other. I want to make memories of sitting on the couch with them biting heads off of animal crackers instead. So that is what I did!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I have always tried to keep it real and thus no readers, beware! I also dropped facebook like a hotcake too much time away from the girls! I think we have very similar lives, which is funny because i remember in school thinking Camilla and I have the same outfits! Not similar but interesting! I am super excited about your new blog, maybe it can remind me what i should be doing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Now you did it. Now I'm done, too. :)

    ReplyDelete