Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I only died a leeetle.

Oh man, people.  OHHHHH MAANNN.  I do not even REMEMBER the last time I was as sick as this past week.  It was so brutal.  Now I totally understand the whole 'flu shot' thing.  Before I was like, "what? you get sick, and then you get better, who needs a shot?"  Now I'm like, I need that damn shot and I need it now!  (I swore, what?  I was SICK)  The sad part is that I am still totally not better.  I still feel like crap, BUT I can get off the couch, so that is total progress.  Does anyone else feel like when they nurse it takes FOREVER to get better?  I do.  And I hate it.  I'm sick and my body is like nooooooo and wanting to shut down and not eat.  And then my boobs are all foooooooood.  And in case you didn't know this about me, boobs ALWAYS win.  So it was a miserable experience and I STILL can't get full now that my supply is dwindling.

On Monday I was forced to can the strawberry jam before the strawberries got older.  Luckily, my awesome husband totally helped and we canned 45 half pints of strawberry jam, and it's good!

My house is basically the pit of despair.  Like, for real.  For some reason, when the husband stays home because mom is sick, they think it's just to make sure the kids don't die or something.  Not to clean, not to cook, oh no.  I really shouldn't say that, esp if he were to find out...I'd be busted.  He DID do some stuff, but I guess he's not super human the way moms are.  My estimate is that the house will continue to be the pit of despair for the rest of the week, because I totally still feel like crap.  oh, and because now Maya's got the fever.  She is a sad pile.

I am planning on commencing the whole usual blogging thing again.  It just so happened i haven't had a sense of humor in a week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I haven't been that sick and I always avoid the shot, but my dad was two weeks sick over Christmas one year and now he is the flu shot's spokes person. I should listen because that sounds like 0% fun. :( I hope it goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! :( I really hate it when my house turns into a pigsty (or pit of despair, same thing). Makes me feel even sicker than I am! When I'm sick, I mean.

    I really want some homemade jam...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear ya. That sounds a lot like how I felt with this past pregnancy, and you don't even get a baby at the end! I'll call you tomorrow to see what I can do to help. Maybe cleaning? ;)

    ReplyDelete