Thursday, March 10, 2011

My story of Sick

Oh my gosh, I said i was sick before, but now that I have pneumonia, I am so much sicker than I was before.  On Monday,Maya's dr. sent us to the Er with her, because she wasn't wetting any diapers and she was so fussy.  She wanted to admit her in the pediatric unit, but they were very full.  So we got to go to the ER with her.  She got an IV (kept it in an hour until she ripped it out and blood was pouring everywhere), she also got a chest x/ray revealing that she has pneumonia.  We were only at the ER  about 6 hours and then they sent us home. 

On TUESDAY, started feeling sick again.  After I tucked the kids into bed, I developed a fever.  My fever rose very rapidly and no meds would get it to go down.  At about 10:00 John decided that he'd had enough.  (I probably layed  on the couch uncontrollably crying for like 2 hours at this point.)  He called someone (THANK YOU JAXON!) To come over to take me to the ER.  I really didn't want to go, but I'm glad he made me.  They gave me motrin and an IV, but the motrin didn't bring my fever down, so they ended up giving me percoset to bring my fever down.  That's one heavy fever.  We came home at 4 am.  Despite my complaints of chest pain, they didn't take x-rays or anything.

On WEDNESDAY my chest started hurting and I couldn't stop coughing stuff up.  So at 5pm, we went to InstaCare.  The dr. was super rude and was all, 'if you were in the er last night, than why are you here tonight"  um....cause i'm worse.  My right ribs and back were hurting so bad.  So they did an x-ray.  And It was + for pneumonia.  So they gave me an antibiotics shot and prescription.  They also gave me a percoset RX so that I could sleep at night and not have my rib pain. 

Since Tues night, I haven't been able to be vertical at all, (until this moment) or else I get super nauseous with chills.  I have also been having violent chills and then sweats due to my fever. 

The Dr. told me I should try to nurse Maya as little as possible for my own good, because nursing is really hard on your body, and i am having a horrible time trying to stay hydrated.  I totally agree with her.  Except that Maya is still not really wetting any diapers, even after getting 6 oz of IV.  So I am fighting to keep TWO people hydrated, which I feel has been totally unsuccessful

Right now the fam is at Lily's Kindergarten play, which makes me heartbroken that I have to miss.  Lily is sad about it to, but what do you do?

I just might be sicker than I've ever been in my entire life.

I may die.

3 comments:

  1. Well, don't.

    That would be horrible, Camilla.

    :( You need to get better! Oh my goodness!!! I was knocked out when I had pneumonia as a 6/7 year old; I can hardly imagine having to deal with it as a nursing mom! Aaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is craziness! I am so sorry. I hope you feel better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I am so sorry. That sounds so incredibly awful. Please please get better soon--I'll be praying for you and Maya both!

    ReplyDelete