Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Conversations You Never Thought You'd Have...

This evening, as I was making dinner, Lily came in and said, "Mom, Izzy pooped in the driveway".  She already pees everywhere (outside), so unfortunately, I instantly believed her.  I went outside and there it was.  Izzy had, indeed, pooped in the driveway.  (for those of you who don't know, Izzy is 4, and should know better)  Thankfully, it wasn't in the MIDDLE of the driveway.  She had enough sense to go poop in front of the little bush at the end of our driveway.  Let me just tell you though, it was a turd of incredible size for such a young, dainty little girl.  If I was her, and had that thing knocking on my bowels, I just might drop whatever I was doing and poo right there in the middle of everything as well.  But not really, cause that's gross.

(ps: I made her pick it up with a tissue, and throw it in the dumpster)


Tonight was Lily's open house for school.  She went outside with a few friends and played on the playground while we listened to the teachers presentation.  It got dark while they were outside.  On the way home, she told me that she was a little scared.  But she feels safe with boys.  Then she said that she feels safe with boys she has crushes on, because they are like her Knights to protect her.  NO LIE, she really said that.  Tonight, she happened to be with TWO boys that she had crushes on, so I'm sure that she felt extra safe.  Good job Patrick and Will, for being Liliy's Knights of the evening. 

I think I have my hands full!

3 comments:

  1. OH, the poop thing happened to me, but we were at COSTCO in Tucson and as I was loading groceries, my son (who was also 4 at the time) got out of his seat, pulled down his pants, pooped next to the bush that we parked next to, pulled out a wipe from the door (I always keep wipes in the pocket of his door for those nasty little boy hands), wiped himself, pulled up his pants, got back in the car and buckled up.
    The bad part is that I didn't see ANY of this happen; he told me about it as we were driving home on the freeway!!! GROSS, right? Totally, totally gross.

    But the knights protecting Lily in the dark thing?? Way cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, kids are just so gross aren't they? Lily is adorable. How boring your life would be without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've done the giant-poop-in-a-ridiculous-place thing too, unfortunately! I LOVE Lily's knight thing, though....that's pretty darling.

    ReplyDelete