Monday, September 5, 2011

For Rae- 5 memories aka stories from my past for Jenny!

Rachel has requested FIVE memories, and Jenny has requested to hear some stories about my past, so I get to kill two birds with one stone!

1.  When I was like 12, we were at a family reunion for my mom's side of the family.  Her brother is a cowboy.  A handlebar mustache, boots and spurs, beer drinking cowboy.  One day, he took me and 2 of my cousins out for a horse ride.  On the ride, he 'sensed trouble' and rode up ahead.  He found a big ol' rattle snake, so he did what any normal person would do.  He killed it with rocks, and took it home, skinned it and cooked it for everyone.  It was tasty.

2. How John and I met is the best memory of all!  I was busing tables at a restaurant called El Charro, and he came in with some of his friends to eat.  He had just returned to EAC, and his friend, Justin wanted to help him find a girl.  Justin was always asking him questions about what he liked.  When they came into El Charro, and John saw me he told Justin, "THAT is my type" or "someone like her".  I can't quite remember the wording. 

We met the beginning of January, and my sister and brother in law were over for new years.  They were talking about who would be a good catch for me.  They said, 'I wonder what John Davies is doing, he'd be a good catch for you". (they went to EAC with him before his mission)  So when I saw him at EL Charro, I thought he was SO CUTE and I wondered if THAT was John Davies, because I kind of remember seeing him in his college days with my sister.  When I saw him I remember thinking, "Maybe I WILL marry John Davies". 

So we met and I think we were able to stay 'just friends' for about a week.  And then we were boyfriend and girlfriend.  And he made a bet with his friend, Justin, that we wouldn't kiss until Valentines Day, which was a little over a month away.  I think we probably lasted without kissing for two days.  But John REALLY didn't want to lose the bet or he'd have to make breakfast for Justin for a week or a month or something.  So we secretly made out for about a month, and Justin had no clue.  We didn't tell Justin about our secret making out until we'd been married for like 5 years.  I think he was mad!

3. Living in Southern Arizona, we didn't get much rain.  But I remember the summer before my Junior year in HS, I had the BEST group of friends ever.  And one summer evening it rained a lot.  And when  it was done raining, I went out with all of my friends and we walked the streets for hours.  It was a big deal because it was cool enough to be outside in Thatcher in the summer. And when it rains in the desert, the smell it creates is just fabulous.  I think that is one of my favorite high school memories!

4. I remember when John and I were newlyweds, he had a stash of fireworks.  And sometimes we'd invite my little brother over and we'd go to various places and set them off and hope not to get caught.  And one time, when John and I were bored, we got this one firework that we had no idea what it did.  And we went in the backyard of where we were living to light it.  As soon as we lit it, it went straight up in the air making really loud noises.  We didn't even see what the firework did, because as soon as it shot up, we took of and ran inside. John was grabbing all the fireworks and hiding them in case the cops came.  It was funny.

5. Growing up, behind us there was a large desert area that my Dad would take us to.  Sometimes we'd shoot guns, climb the mesa's or just go on walks.  One time when it was just me and him just going on a walk, he found a dead snake.  I am scared of snakes.  He picked it up and said,  "Camilla, look!  A snake."  And I FREAKED out.  I took of running back to the house.  It was probably about half a mile or so back to our house and I was probably about 9 or so.  He said that I took of running on my tiptoes.  I didn't stop until I got home.  I remember seeing the snake and then bursting into the kitchen door with my mom having a very worried look on her face, but I do not remember the run home.  Like I said, I do not like snakes.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on snakes. Almost all my nightmares have a snake in them. No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided today i would be a blog stalker.....it was fun, read your entire blog..i love your opinions. I got tired of hearing others opinions that didn't get me so i went private but if you want an invite email me amberlynnrichards@yahoo.com. It was fun to hear the story of you and your husband, your girls are totally cute! oh and i couldn't agree more with the fact that people need to mind there own business about how many kids we are having...i will finally be getting my baby boy after 4 girls and people keep asking HOW MANY MORE???????? and im to the point of saying shut up and mind your own business, especially with these pregnancy hormones its hard to keep my mouth shut! Anyways thanks for your honesty its refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ya had a rattle snake on my porch the other day after church all four girls and husband walked right by it, freaked me out! the joys of living in the desert!

    ReplyDelete